Sunday, April 10, 2016

Media Training in Kiev

Media Training in Kiev, Ukraine

I was invited by Ron Harris with MediAlliance to speak and teach at the Novomedia conference in Kiev, Ukraine at the end of March 2016. The people I met were wonderful Christians excited about sharing Jesus with others through media, and are high-level media producers. It was a privilege to share with them my experience and a few pointers on making better video and just communications in general. They seemed to really appreciate the church perspective that I brought to the conference.
 
I was honored to be speaking along with excellent instructors: Lee Ann Jackson, and Wes Ward.  See Graham Ward's excellent video of the conference.


Especially meaningful to me was Victor Titarchuk who translated for me. His 12 years in Texas gave him the inside track on translating my Southern drawl! And I especially want to thank Ruslan Storchai for organizing Novomedia. His zeal and drive to share Jesus through media encourages me and all of those around him.


 
L-R: Jim Barnwell, Lee Ann Jackson, Tanya Pinchuk,
Olga Bidnenko, Ron Harris, Wes Ward, Nathan Woodward, Graham Ward.



Below are links to the Power Point presentations I showed at the conference. Some details are missing that were spoken in the lecture, but to those who attended it will be meaningful.

These Power Point presentations include translations for Ukrainians.


Find, interview, connect to your overall message
Edit for distribution, Broadcast, YouTube, etc. and effective use of social media
 
Visual Story Telling
Effective Visual Story Telling
Camera and lighting techniques

Editing (With advanced helps/techniques/ideas.) 


Understanding music; get organized; tools and techniques